Imara Mediplus is a fast-growing healthcare facility located in Embu that is on track to be the lead healthcare brand in Mt. Kenya in the next few years. Construction is currently on going on a state of art 100 bed facility, set to be launched towards the end of 2021. The hospital is on a mission to create better lives for people living in under-served areas, by providing affordable world-class healthcare with compassion, through service excellence.
Our team is committed to a culture of continual improvement, learning and skills development, through training, mentorship, and coaching. Individuals who are passionate about their personal and professional growth will thrive in our environment. In considering joining our team, you are committing to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of all our patients, building and maintaining deep, impactful connections with each one you interact with at the hospital, and becoming a leader in the community through setting an example for others to follow. Our hospital is a great and fulfilling place for individuals to work and build a rewarding future, together.
To be the lead healthcare brand of Africa and a global centre of medical excellence.
To create better lives for people living in under-served areas, by providing affordable world-class healthcare with compassion, through service excellence.
Career Development Program
The Career Development Program at Imara Mediplus Hospital (IMH) is designed to offer qualified medical professionals the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge through a practical trainee attachment at our facility.
The IMH Career Development Program is a one of kind opportunity. It is highly competitive, our Human Resource Department processes more than 20 applications monthly. This program is designed for newly graduated (within 12 months) Diploma and Degree certificate holders in the various disciplines. Our goal is to select and place qualified candidates in an advanced practical hospital environment in IMH facilities. We aim to help our participants achieve their full potential through practical work experience in a supervised and mentored environment.
Our program is currently open to graduates in the following fields:
- Medical Laboratory
- Client relationship executives
• Should be enrolled or a recent graduate (within 12 months of graduation) from a reputable college/University accredited and recognized nationally
• If still enrolled in school, the student must be in the final year of their program. Your Dean’s letter or an official attachment release/ request letter from the College/University must be provided as proof
• If a recent graduate, you must provide either transcripts or Diploma/Degree certificates or both
• Up to date Curriculum vitae with 3 Academic reference
• Application letter to the Human Resource Manager stating the area of interest. All scheduling is coordinated through our Human Resource office for centralized processing.
• Applications are not on a first come/ first serve basis. But we rather select the best suited candidate(s) per application cohort/ group
• We cannot give out information regarding availability. Scheduling is done on a space-available basis; there are no guarantees that an applicant will be scheduled.
• Must be enrolled on NHIF or any other private medical insurance scheme
• Vaccinations: Hepatitis B
• National ID
• KRA PIN
• Professional body licenses if applicable
How to Apply
Applications should be done via email to email@example.com or Submitted manually to the Human Resource Office.
If accepted, a Letter of offer for the attachment will be provided by the institution, stating the period of the attachment. Our program typically runs for s 3(three) months, extendable to a maximum attachment period of 6 (six) months.
Yes, we provide a modest stipend to facilitate transport and housing costs while attending our Career Development Program.
You shall be notified of the amount in your letter of offer, should you be shortlisted for the program.
At the IMH we take evaluations seriously. At the start of your program you shall be oriented on our expectations of you through-out the program. You shall as well be given a copy of the final performance evaluation tool that shall be used to access your performance throughout the program.
At the conclusion of your program you shall receive a detailed evaluation report based on the evaluation form you received at the beginning. A written recommendation letter will also be provided. Evaluations are provided within 2-4 weeks after the end of the program. IMH will automatically send evaluation reports of any enrolled students, directly to the School address provided in the attachment release/ request letter.